Dr. Hisham Cholakkal
Assistant Professor @ MBZUAI
COMPUTER VISION Department
Hisham Cholakkal is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Vision department at Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI). He actively works on various computer vision topics such as object detection, instance segmentation, pedestrian detection, human object interaction, human pose estimation, crowd counting, image classification and learning with limited supervision (few-shot/zero-shot/weakly supervised learning).
My research is focusing on comprehensive image and video understanding that aims to automatically answer queries such as “what”, “how”, “where” and “how many”, related to various visual contents. My objective is to develop robust and efficient computer vision frameworks that have real-time operation capabilities and can be utilized for real-world problems.
- Our paper on Object Counting accepted to IEEE TPAMI, 2020
- Three papers are accepted to ECCV 2020.
- One paper accepted to CVPR 2020.
- One paper accepted to AAAI 2020.
- Three papers accepted in ICCV 2019
- One paper accepted in CVPR 2019
- I am teaching Human and Computer Vision course (CV 701) at MBZUAI (Spring 2021)
- I will be teaching Human and Computer Vision (CV 701) and Visual Object Recognition and Detection (CV 703) courses in the Fall Semester