Rao MuhammaD Anwer
Assistant Professor, PhD
Computer Vision Department
Rao Muhammad Anwer is currently an Assistant Professor at the Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI).
He actively works on different topics within computer vision such as, object category detection, pedestrian detection, human-object interaction detection, and instance segmentation in images and videos.
Please visit his Google Scholar profile for more details.
My research focuses on different topics within computer vision such as, object category detection, pedestrian detection, human-object interaction detection, and instance segmentation in images and videos. My current research work aims at developing novel deep learning-based detection models that are both accurate and fast. Further, I am also interested in developing visual models from large visual databases where ground-truth location annotations (supervision) are available for only a small fraction of all digital content (images and videos). Along these lines, one potential direction is to develop lifelong learning-based detection techniques, where the computer continuously learns new models by leveraging on all the knowledge acquired in the previous scenarios. This is expected to help bridging the lack of location supervision for the majority of the data and building aa systematic body of visual knowledge. My objective is therefore to develop visual recognition models that can efficiently scale to a large number of concepts without explicitly relying on spoon-fed supervision and data.
Research & Development
- Two papers accepted to European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV). [July, 2020].
- One paper accepted to IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). [June, 2020].
- Four papers accepted in IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV). [Oct, 2019].
- One paper accepted in IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). [June, 2019].
- I am course co-ordinator for Research Communication and Dissemination (COM701) at MBZUAI (Spring 2021).
- I will be teaching at MBZUAI (Fall 2021)
- Research Communication and Dissemination (COM701)
- Visual Object Recognition and Detection course (CV703) in the Fall at MBZUAI.