Dr. muhammad Haris khan
assistant professor @ MBZUAI
computer vision Department
Dr. Muhammad Haris is an Assistant Professor at Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI), the world’s first graduate-level, research-based artificial intelligence (AI) university. At MBZUAI, he wants to inspire students of next generation to fully harness the potential of AI towards creating an improved world around us.
My research interests span active topics in computer vision including face-related tasks, visual tracking and object recognition. I’m also interested in developing robust visual models in the face of adversarial attacks and out-of-domain data. I have published several papers in top-ranked computer vision conferences and my overall peer-reviewed research has over 2100 citations (according to Google Scholar).
Research & Development
- Faculty PI in 2 projects in the proposal (jointly submitted by Khalifa and NYU Universities, and industry partners) for the establishment of AI.RV-VRI with an aim to develop next generation unmanned vehicle systems, keeping in view the local UAE context.
- MBZUAI – Virgin Hyperloop (VHO) Research Collaboration.
- Collaborator in UAERep cloud seeding project, responsible for delivering computer vision work packages.
- 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS, 2021.
- 1 paper accepted to IEEE TIP, 2020.
- 1 paper accepted at CVPR, 2020.
- 1 paper accepted at NeurIPS, 2019.
- 2 papers accepted at ICCV, 2019.
- I’m teaching AI-701 in Fall 2021
- I’m teaching AI-701 offered in Spring 2021 to MBZUAI Inaugural class with Dr. Fahad Khan.
- I’m also course examiner for AI-701 offered in Spring 2021 and Fall 2021.
Students & Research Staff
- Fahad Shamshad (Research Assistant)
- Dr. Maryam Sultana (Research Associate)
- Zaigham Zaheer (Research Assistant)
- Mamona Awan (Research Assistant)
- Karima Kadaoui (Msc student)
- Nemshan Ali M Alharthi (PhD student)
- Farha Salem Khamis (MSc student)
- Muhammad Afham (Past Research Assistant)