Postdoctoral Researcher - Computer Vision Lab
The Computer Vision Lab (https://mbzuai-cv-lab.netlify.app) at MBZUAI is looking for a computer vision and machine learning researcher to develop methods for high-level visual understanding. Research topics include, object recognition, object detection, instance segmentation, video tracking, video segmentation, description of people’s actions, incremental, zero-shot and few-short learning.
What you will do:
- The successful candidate is expected to work with a team of researchers to publish prolifically at top-ranking AI conferences and in leading AI journals.
- Engage in the supervision and training of research students and project team members. As part of academic development, the post-holder may have the opportunity to teach or assist in teaching (this includes small-group teaching, and supervision of master or PhD projects in collaboration with principal investigators). Permission must be sought in advance for each opportunity.
- Share responsibility for shaping the project plans and the writing of group-funding applications for new research projects
- Collaborate with funding bodies and provide information to project stakeholders and represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the team or alone.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related streams.
- Proven experience in Computer Vision, Machine/Deep Learning, or related fields.
- Good publication record at conferences and in journals, such as TPAMI, IJCV, TIP, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, BMVC, ACCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, AAAI, MICCAI and ICRAI.
- Experience in Python and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch/Tensorflow.
How to apply?
- The position provides highly competitive salary, and outstanding scientific and career development opportunities. Applicants should email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “MBZUAI POSTDOC APPLICATION: YOUR NAME”.
- Please include a cover letter describing your relevant skills, scientific publications, awards, and/or professional profile(s).
The Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) is the world’s first graduate-level university, dedicated to AI research. Located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE, MBZUAI aims for breakthroughs in fundamental and applied AI research.