Planning and Performance Specialist
To provide management support in planning and employee performance management activities to deliver effective strategic Institutional planning and performance management activities aimed at achieving the University’s strategic objectives.
· Support the development of annual plans (Strategic objectives, strategic initiatives and respective Key Performance Indicators) in coordination with divisions/ departments based on the university’s strategic Institutional and Quality Assurance goals and objectives.
· Ensure the development/ update of the consolidated business plan (in cooperation with respective Organizational Units) while ensuring that synergies have been captured and conflicts have been addressed in the consolidation.
· Provide institutional planning input to Management on challenges faced by divisions/ department.
· Ensure the cascading of the institutional objectives to the respective Organizational Units through workshops with divisions’ VPs/ department Heads and/ or planning personnel.
· Ensure effective communication and alignment with institutional performance to ensure the institutional objectives/ division initiatives are cascaded to concerned employees.
· Coordinate & facilitate management strategy workshops with leadership on an annual basis.
· Coordinate & facilitate divisional performance review meetings and institutional performance review meetings on a quarterly basis / as required.
· Review of existing institutional Planning & Performance systems and advise on consolidation and new tools.
· Provide support with developing performance enhancement measures in alignment with Organizational Units and ensures proper implementation.
· Support with the development of the University’s Impact Assessment Report based on the identified targets and any other related objectives in conjunction with the respective Organizational Units including the International Affairs.
· Collect and present performance information (monitoring and identifying trends) against key indicators of the respective Organizational Units through a variety of means e.g. monthly performance achievement.
· Ensure for the accurate collection, analysis and reporting of performance data and work in conjunction with department and section heads.
· Collect comprehensive data from the IT systems, and perform the required analyses, ensure systems are complete, and formats are accessible to staff and service users.
· Guarantee that all performance information meets all the key requirements of data quality and to act as the data quality lead for the University.
· Maintain and continually review the university institutional performance management framework to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
· Provide the required support in the preparation of the university’s policies, strategies and plans, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
· Coordinate the submission of Abu Dhabi Government Performance Reporting requirements e.g. Abu Dhabi Executive Office etc.…in conjunction with the respective Organizational Units.
· Identify organizational/functional performance challenges and gaps and corrective and performance enhancement recommendations in conjunction with the respective Organizational Units and ensure proper implementation.
· Align and coordinate with the Internal Audit for the embedment of the Internal Audit findings and recommendations in the respective Organizational Units plans and objectives and coordinate for the reporting against the implementation of the corrective measures.
· Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Institutional Effectiveness and Quality Assurance function.
· Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager.
· Conduct University related studies such as the development of performance initiatives and cases, benchmarking, risk management, design and re-design measurement
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant specialization from a recognized academic institution. A master’s degree is preferable.
4-6 years of experience