To plan and coordinate all procurement activities to ensure the supply of products and services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and selling the features and benefits of early procurement involvement and assist with developing detailed sourcing plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage preparation, implementation and execution of procurement processes.
- Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Work with finance team throughout the procurement cycle to assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist the Head of Procurement and General Services in vendors’ selection and performance.
- Recommend selection of suitable bidders/vendors, prepare tender package and send requests for quotation or bids including specifying terms, conditions, deadline, technical and commercial details as per policy and procedures of the university.
- Carryout technical evaluation for selected low value tenders.
- Negotiate deals, prices, terms, quality and delivery options to meet end user satisfaction.
- Raise purchase orders, service orders and contracts as appropriate including all necessary details like terms, conditions, prices, delivery schedules, technical details...etc and send to awarded vendor/contractor.
- Re-negotiate contracts with suppliers to produce better savings and further value for spend.
- Create documentations necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Review supplies, works and services to ensure compliance with the university’s procedures and best procurement practice.
- Perform thorough evaluation of vendors according to set methodology and criteria and recommends a preferred vendor.
- Provide updates about procurement related progress and potential delays on a daily basis to head of the procurement and general services.
- Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Procurement and General Services function.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. A master’s degree will be preferable
4-6 years of experience.