To coordinate internal activities to provide legal support to ensure the university’s interests are protected
- Support the Legal Counsel by providing sound legal advice promptly to aid management with decision making, as well as dispensing of legal advice to management / departments / subsidiary entities to protect the legal interests of the organization against legal liability.
- Administer the corporate governance of the University including establishment, definition and periodically review of the corporate standard operating procedures to ensure that they are legally robust and relevant, effective and efficient but operationally suitable to implement and manage.
- Assist the Legal Counsel to recommend and procure within guidelines the services of external legal service providers, provide briefs to them, manage their output and ensure the output produced in a timely & cost-effective manner.
- Liaise with external legal advisors and oversee the quality of the deliverables to ensure the service levels provided as per University’s set standards and expectations as well as to ensure that University is getting the best value for the paid fees.
- Assist in investigating any malpractice, misconduct, anonymous reports about malpractice to recommend measures in line with the labor laws.
- Ensure that all relevant legal department reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet the University requirements, policies and standards.
- Assist in managing the development, updating and effective management of legal-document templates accessible to all departments to facilitate operations and compliance to legislative standards.
- Assist in preparing the minutes of meetings for the Board of Trustees and the resolutions of the Board of Trustees.
- Assist the Legal Counsel to recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Legal activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Legal Affairs function.
Bachelor’s degree in Legal studies or equivalent. A master’s degree will be desirable.
Minimum Work Experience:
4-6 years of experience in Legal Affairs or relevant fields.