Head of Partnership Management
To lead and facilitate building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to strengthen the university’s research capabilties and support the sustainable growth of Artificial Intelligence programs, reseach activities and professional services projects.
- Lead the development of the university’s Partnership Management Strategy, Framework and related policies & procedures including the identification of the collaboration/partnership opportunities, support requirements areas, legal and other operational engagement terms in collaboration with Academic Affairs & Research and Outreach & Engagement Divisions.
- Manage and develop collaboration/partnerships within private and public sectors in order to support the Artificial Intelligence ecosystem in the UAE and internationally including but not limited to commercial and non-commercial organizations across the academic research sector.
- Work closely with the Academic Affairs & Research and Outreach & Engagement Divisions teams (VPs, chairs, Directors and Heads) to develop and implement partnership strategies for key initiatives and areas of activity.
- Undertake and support the development and implementation of initiatives for growing research in the academic departments by fostering successful collaboration between academic research staff and industry, government and other sources.
- Initiate, design and deliver strategies, policies and programs relating to the departments research partnerships including provision of timely information and authoritative advice on opportunities to the president in conjunction with VP of Outreach & Engagement and VP of Academic Affairs & Research.
- Develop and implement appropriate processes and support systems to achieve the strategies and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with faculty and researchers and a strong understanding of their research focus and activity in order to identify new opportunities for non-traditional research funding and provide advice as to how best to align their research with industry needs.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with government, industry, non-government organizations and technology developers and providers relevant to the Academic Departments.
- Identify opportunities for faculty, researchers and staff to publish research and present research results in scientific, industry and other settings.
- Manage the performance of all partnership agreements as per the established terms and objectives in conjunction with the respective Organizational Units.
- Manage partnerships impact assessment related reports and impact enhancements recommendations for submission to the president.
- Coordinate with Legal Affairs Organizational Unit for the development, update and terminations of any legal requirements, documents, agreements, MOUs, agreements etc. in addition to the review and assessment of any updated legal, regulatory and policy related requirements with an impact on agreements.
- Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Partnership Management Function.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. A master’s degree will be preferable
- 8-10 years of which 5 years in a Management position.
- A highly motivating position that will drive you to broaden your horizon and learn from senior peers.
- An enjoyable modern working environment
- World-leading standard of healthcare, education and hospitality industry.
- All year-round sunshine and amazing beaches.
- Extremely competitive package (tax-free salary).